04 May 2008



Members

1. Praful Thakkar, Ahmedabad

I am Praful Thakkar, IAS (Retd.) and has retired from Govt of Gujarat as Secretary to the Government. I am a collector of Stamps, Coins, Tokens, Medals and Autographs since last more than 40 years.I have hosted my 2 websites as mentioned below.It will be my pleasure to be associated with Rainbow Club.


http://www.indianautographs.com

Thematic Gallery of Indian Autographs

http://www.indiannumismatics.com

Classic Gallery of Indian Numismatics

2. Col.Suresh Bagga, Panchkula

Graduate in Architecture from the University of Bombay, joined Indian Army and was in thick of action in 1971, in now Bangladesh. A stint in Bhutan motivated me to my own Bhutan Collection of fascinating stamps. Completed MBA, for a second career in civvies after hanging the OG uniforms. Have been an ardent collector of Stamps, Coins and Paper Money since school days. First exhibition of Stamps - I participated in my school in 1954 and in 1955 my brief article on Stamp Collection published in school magazine. In 1956 a discussion on Stamps Collecting aired from AIR in the children’s programme. I have my webpage which have 21 albums containing images of all the stamps issued since 1947. I am proud to be associated with Rainbow Stamp Club. The link is - http://community.webshots.com/user/baggasuresh

Collecting Interests : Philately & Numismatics



3. Jyotirmay Bareria, Bangalore


This is Jyotirmay Bareria, basically from Patna but now sort of settled in Bangalore. I have been working in IT industry for last 8 years. Basically a software engineer by profession but philatelist by heart. I collect stamps on India, Australia and USA country wise. But for last couple of years, I am passionate on my theme "World War 2 and its effect on society". I have been collecting stamps since my school days but actively got involved since 2000. It's pleasure to associate with Rainblow stamp club.

E-mail : jbareria@gmail.com

4. Vipan Kumar Thakur, chandigarh

I am Vipan Kumar Thakur from Chandigarh. I am in Govt Service. I collect stamps on India theme wise. I also collect special covers issued by Indian Army Postal Service. I have been collecting stamps since my school days. I have prepared a slide show on Stamp Collecting, which can be downloaded from www.stampsofindia.com under the head Instant Delivery. It's a pleasure to be associated with Rainbow Stamp Club.

E-mail : philavpnthakur@rediffmail.com


5. Anurag Verma, Jalandhar
I am Anurag Verma from Jalandhar, I collect stamps. I would say for me stamp collection is not a hobby but a passion. I have a complete collection of India Mint Stamps from 1947 upto 2007, along with military issues, definitive series and Miniature Sheets. Apart from India Stamps I also collect mint Miniature sheets, mint sets on Endangered animals and I am trying to collect stamps on Beetles & Insects from round the world. I am also a keen reader of monthly newsletter Rainbow Stamp News. I find Rainbow Stamp club Blog & Magazine quite interesting .
My E-mail id is : anuragverma@rrkabel.com






Recent Premature Issues in the market - Yet to be officially issued


Your artwork could be on a stamp

By Aditya Ghosh

It can bring them out of obscure villages, where they mix colors on canvas to express their creative urge, to centre stage. Their art now has a chance of reaching millions across the world on postage stamps. The Deptt. Of Posts and the Ministry of Women and Child Development have come together to invite young artists to create artworks themed on children’s issues, which will be reproduced on postage stamps.” Though just a pilot project, it promises to be a new medium for the artists and provide them the encouragement they rarely receive,” said Ajit Vahadane, of the Indian Artists’ Network, who has been asked by the ministry to spread the word. The stamps will be released in September. The brainchild of Women and Child Development Minister Renuka Chowdhary, the artists will have to submit their work to the department for selection. ”Because the postal department takes at least six months to print the stamps, we need the entries quickly.” said the ministry’s undersecretary C.K. Reejonia. Though Vahadane is wary of Politics that might go into the eventual selection of paintings, he said it would encourage artists who have no platform to showcase their works. “ Artists from rural areas are so creative and sincere, but no one wants to see their work. It is a challenge, and an opportunity, to create an impression in postage stamp size. We are circulating a mail to inform all artists in our network” he said.

To Put Your Painting on a Postage Stamp

E-mail Ajit Vahadane, at admin@indianfinearts.com . You can also contact C.K. Reejonia, Undersecretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi.

Published in The Hindustan Times April 2, 2008


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails