11 September 2008

Club News



Hi Readers ! I am here with Club News. First of all I am very pleased to write that the answers of the questions about J.P. Naik stamp have come out. I am very thankful to Shri Niraj Kumar Sinha who sent us details about the stamp. I also received the answers from our members Mr. Vijay Seth of New Delhi and Mr. Niket Bubna from US about this stamp.I introduce here with our new member Mr. Hemant Kumar Jain from Mandla (M.P.). Mr. Jain has designed Max Cards of Bismillah Khan shown here. I have a sad news about our member Mr. Raja Seetharaman of Chnnai who passed away on 3rd September 2008. It is a coincidence that while posting September issue to our readers I checked his name twice in the list. But I never knew that this will be last issue that I will be posting to him ! How sad & shocking it is know about his premature death ! He will always be remembered for his active role in the field of philately. Our deepest condolences to the family members . Our member, Mr. Krishnaswamy Ramarathnam writes about him from Chennai. In our regular series some se-tenants from the album of Mr. Shrikant Parikh. This is all for today !....



Jayant Pandurang Naik & Ruins of Nalanda University



Members

Hemant Kumar Jain, Mandla (M.P.)


Name: Hemant Kumar Jain
City/Country : Mandla, (M.P.) India
E-Mail: hemantkumar.jn@gmail.com
Contact cell:091-9425484703
Postal Address: Er. H. K. Jain Asstt. Engineer, Water Resources Division, Civil Lines, Mandla (M.P.)PIN 481661
Collecting Interests : Postal History i.e. Early Indian Cancellations, India Mint stamps, Sheetlets, F.D.C's; all type of Postal stationary includes Greeting Imprinted Post Envelopes, Meghdoot Post Cards, Philatelic material on Jainism.


I am Hemant Kumar Jain about 48 years old. I am Civil Engineer got a Bachelor Of Engineering degree from Govt. Engineering. Collage Jabalpur (under Rani Durgavati University Jabalpur). Presently I am posted at Mandla (M.P.) in Water Resources Department as an Assistant Engineer. My interest in Philately since childhood in year around 1970 when I was a ten years old boy. My Grandfather & father used to keeps old mail on mesh wired hanger. I picked up such mail & removed stamps from it & pasted on my notebooks. I have been seriously active for the past 28 years when I got a job & able to expend money to build my collection. I have worked upon the Postal History i.e. Early Indian Cancellations & won bronze medal in M.P. State level Exhibition & gold medal in Jabalipex-2006. I also collect India Mint stamps, Sheetlets, F.D.C's; all type of Postal stationery includes Greeting Imprinted Post Envelopes, Meghdoot Post Cards. I also create Maxim Cards for my own collection as well as few spare for exchange purpose.





He was the Raja of Collections......Tributes to Raja Seetharaman



Mr Raja Seetharaman, a young and very active philatelist of Chennai died at a very young age due to an accident on 3rd September. He was a multifaceted personality being a historian and Numismatist in addition to being a philatelist. His collecting interests in Philately include Gandhi Nehru and Diana. He was a Collector of varied things which include wedding cards, Neighborhood Tabloids of Chennai, Expired Credit Cards, Calling Cards. Bulbs etc. His belief was that one can collect anything as long as it fascinates. The remarkable thing about Raja was that he used to plan meticulously and preserve his collections. He had a separate room earmarked in his house for his collections. Unassuming and mild mannered, Mr Raja Seetharamn used to take active part in organizing Madras Day celebrations since its inception.


He used to bring out Special Covers meticulously designed and executed on the occasion of Madras Day for the last three years. This year’s Madras Day function where he had brought out a cover is perhaps the last public function he attended. He was a Life Member of South India Philatelic Association and Madras Coin Society. His Stamp and Coin Exhibits have won Prizes in many exhibitions. A Graduate of Vivekananda College Chennai. Heritage and Culture were very close to his heart. A visit to his house in Chintatdiripet Madras would bear testimony to his love for Heritage. He and his family have renovated the house without losing any of its old charm or heritage. Mr Raja Seetharaman is survived by his mother and two sisters. Our heart felt condolences to them.

-Krishnaswamy Ramarathnam, Chennai

From Se-tenant Album of Shrikant Parikh

Theme - Tourism

Heritage Restoration

Aga Khan Foundation

Date of Issue : 17 May 2008

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails