30 September 2008

For Special Occasions



Hi ! The festival season is in full swing all over India with the celebration of Navratri Festival with great joy and enthusiasm. I very much remember the time that I spent in Bhubaneshwar where the celebrations start with the first Day of Navratri or I should say a bit earlier.The beautiful Pandals in different parts of the city are decorated for Durga Puja. The whole city is in festive & holiday mood. Bhubaneshwar is not only the city of temples but it is also a centre of cultural actvities. I also want to share a beautiful Greeting Card issued by India Post and designed by noted philatelist and artist of Calcutta Shri Dipok Dey which takes me down memory lane to my visit to Calcutta & meeting with Shri Dey as well as five years time that I spent in Bhubneshwar. I also want to show you here the very beautiful stamps issued by Australia on 23 September 2008 for Special Occasions. The stamps are really beautiful, filled with love and emotions. I hope you will enjoy these philatelic items which quite match with this festive mood. I have also a question from a Reader. I have already replied in the comments box in one of my previous posts. But Readers are requested to give their comments. As some Post offices charge Rs. 20 & some charge Rs. 25 for 20 gm letter (foreign mail) . In our regular series the remaining se-tenants of Buddha theme from the album of our distinguished member Shri Shrikant Parikh.This is all for Today ! More in next ...Till ..then ..... Have a nice time! ..





For Special Occasions


Date of Issue : 23 September 2008


Max Cards











A Question from a Reader
I have been reading your blog since many days. I have a general question which I think you are able to explain. In the website of Post it is said that the foreign letter cost is now Rs.20, but when I went to the Post office they said it as Rs.25, Who is correct, Why sudden rise of rates upto Rs.10, What is the cost to send a picture postcard to a foreign country, hope you will explain.
Thanks
A Reader




From Se-tenant Album of Shrikant Parikh

Theme - Buddha


Date of Issue : 2 May 2007

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails