02 June 2009

Wonders of America -2








Hi ! Here is the next series of Wonders of America from the Pane of 40 stamps depicting all superlatives of America so kindly sent to me by Mr Hemant V. Kulkarni from Milwaukee, USA. Mr. Kulakarni is a great stamp lover and loves to write on a variety of subjects. His name is well known to philatelists as his letters are regularly published in the newsletters of Stamps of India . It's a great honour to have him as a distinguished member of Rainbow Stamp Club. Its a pleasure to publish his profile here.......I have also received a nice quote from our member Mr. Suraj Jaitly on Rainbow......A beautiful quote..... to share with all of you......This is all for today.....Till Next Post....Have a Great Time !.....
















Our Members


Hemant V. Kulkarni, Milwaukee - USA

Born and educated in Mumbai India (Ph.D. from Institute Of Chemical Technology, formerly UDCT), I have settled in USA since 1971. In 1985 I started a small company in our land of opportunities, titled 'Life Science Resources' -manufacturing and selling Biochemicals for research and diagnostic industry. Being born to a distinguished Professor and a Literary writer of his time in Mumbai, I've been influenced to contribute few articles of my own -one being the 'first prize' winning short story in a competition by US/Canada trimonthly (Ekataa) . One fine morning with 12 inches of snow continuously falling in Milwaukee, I was inspired to write 'thirty six' consecutive short articles in same number of days -all based on the theme of US Commemorative Stamps I've been collecting in 'mint full-panes' (sheetlets) and shared them with my internet friends, relatives and neighbours, some of whom I've never met in person. Few of these have been still in circulation across the world with a surpise request from a stranger for a permission to translate it ('Ballerina Girl' -a US Ballet Dancer stamp) in his own native language. I'm a great lover of arts and take pride in decorating my home with a variety of pieces of works. No wonder then, I have no particular preference for 'Stamp Collecting' as a theme. If it's wonderful to my eye and taste, I purchase it in numbers and often donate or gift some to others for their joy. Now that I have a first exposure to the 'Rainbow Stamps News' in the form of a blog, wouldn't it be a colourful world to paint with trading of stamps with readers like you from across the globe? Show me what you got and I'll surprise you with my awesome US 'goodies' to trade. One condition though, it must be a 'A RAINBOW TO MY EYE!'. "You're a pretty choosy person", complains my wife all the time, and hence be careful about what you've to offer for a 'swap'. Your reward will be worth the troubles (as if we philatelists would ever be in such a situation), no guarantees from my side though! And I constantly sing to myself, "...what a wonderful world..." -an essay I wrote based on this famous song with an appropriate US mint stamp attachment to go along.

e-mail - lsr_kulkarni@msn.com

Postal address -
Hemant V. Kulkarni
6642 W Pierner Place
Milwaukee WI 53223
USA

Quote of the Day


Everyone wants happiness, no one needs pain, but it's not possible to get a Rainbow without a little rain .... That is Life !!....


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails