20 November 2009

New Special Cover



Special Cover On ST. JOHNS SCHOOL, Chandigarh


untitled


First school in Chandigarh to be given this honour

Chandigarh, November 16, 2009: In a solemn and impressive ceremony held today at St. Johns School, Sector 26, Chandigarh, a Special Envelope on the School issued by the Department of Posts was released by Mr. K L Khanna, Chief Postmaster General, Punjab Circle. This is the first school of Chandigarh for which a special cover has been issued by the Department of Posts.


Pix 1 C

Releasing the special cover, Mr. Khanna revealed that he had also studied at St. Johns in the 60’s. “The values and principles I learnt here have helped me in my entire career and I am grateful to St. Johns for laying such a strong foundation for me. The Department release special envelope for schools when they complete 50 years and I am lucky that this has happened for St. Johns during my tenure.”

Speaking on the occasion, Justice Tiwari, who has also studied in St. Johns, said that although he had been an average student as far as studies were concerned, what helped him becoming successful in life were the core principles and values he imbibed here in School. “Come what may, in good times or bad, the school has always conducted itself in a dignified manner and that is what sets it apart from everyone else,” he stated.

Eminent philatelist, Rakesh Walia, also a former student and Ex president of SJOBA, of St. Johns, said that he was delighted that the School had chosen to dedicate its Golden Jubilee Celebrations to the girl child. “The special cover also has the message ‘Johnians empowering the girl child,” he revealed. The special cover is available with the Philatelic Bureau, Chandigarh for Rs10. each plus postage .

Special Presentation pack is available with rakeshwaliastamps@gmail.com For more information, contact Shanti Bhanot Ph 9815046017


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

A.Velu said...

Dear,It is very interesting for me to read the post. I like such connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.
Good
A.Velu.M.A.
A.P.India
Guinnessrecords member.
www.aveluartist.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails