15 May 2010

My recent covers……

 

EUROPA – Year of Children’s Books


Hi ! Here are some nice covers received by me from Poland, Latvia & Algeria. I just want to inform my friends that they should send only specific FDCs & please do not send empty covers for exchange as due to recent hike in Registered Airmail postage which is now three times the normal Air-Mail Postage. So it is not possible to reciprocate for the blank empty covers which are sent by most of the collectors as these covers do not serve any philatelic purpose. It is really very disappointing that often some collectors send empty ordinary covers (with no philatelic value) in exchange of stamps and Max Cards. In fact such covers are of no use for an advanced philatelist as they bear only used stamps. These covers serve the purpose of general collectors only.  Exchanging of stamps and covers is a great pleasure but it should be substantial and worth for someone and it must have some philatelic value. So exchange on particular themes will be better for both partners. However I prefer exchange of mint stamps, postal stationery and other philatelic items on my specific themes. I assure of sending nice philatelic items in exchange. I have recently added two new themes to my interest and these are Mona Lisa & EUROPA themes. I would certainly like to exchange stamps and philatelic items on these themes besides my other themes mentioned in my profile. It is a pity that the place where I live FDCs are not available on the date when they are issued. I get them quite late from other place so I cannot provide my friends the real FDCs timely. However I can send them mint stamps and other special covers available with me. This is all in this Post…….Till Next Post……Have a Great Time !


thanks2


Picture

EUROPA 2010 – Year of Children’s Books

Cover from Poland - Thanks to Andzej ! A real FDC of EUROPA 2010, posted from Poland. I love this theme very much.


Picture

20 years of Declaration of May 4th, 1990

Cover from Latvia – Thanks to Mr EN Limanski. A real FDC posted from Latvia. Thanks LImansky for making it philatelically important by making it a Registered FDC ! Though the theme depicted on FDC is not my subject but it is a good registered used FDC for Flag theme !


Picture 001

Cover from Algeria – Thanks to Mr Ouari Khemissi for the cover. This cover is not a real FDC but a simple computer printout. It has no philatelic value as it does not even bear a special cancellation except two used postage stamps affixed on it. This cover cannot be included in Polar regions collection. Only the  stamps used on the envelop can be included to some extent.

Club News

Heartiest Congratulations to all Winners at LONDON 2010 !

Two entries of Indian participants in Literature Class of Mr Dinesh Chandra Sharma, Lucknow and Mr Vikas Singh, Ghaziabad have won Bronze medal in London 2010.

Views & Opinions

Kasinath R., Tanjore

I like to share the present condition of availability of low value MS released by India Post.
I still have not got one Polar Region MS. whenever I approach the GPO, they say the quantity which came are already sold out. I think this is the case in many GPO in India. but then, these are available for sale in abundant quantity for higher prices in online auction houses and with local dealers. selling the Polar Region MS @15 to 20 (100% profit) each and Silent Valley @ Rs. 15 each (200% profit). In eBay, making easy money. these are available even in packets (100 nos and 200 nos), while a student philatelist or others who need 1 or 2 for their collection need to visit the GPOs repeatedly to get one.

My nearest philatelic bureau is 60 km away from my city. I get my stamps through PDA a/c, but then too I did not receive the Polar region MS so far.Are these stamps issued mainly for benefit of dealers? or are the dealers bribing the clerks at GPO counter to get bulk quantity?

It seems that in future, new MS should be bought only from dealers and through auction sites. I started hating to collect Indian Stamps. Also, these postal staff give out huge quantities to dealers without any question. When I asked for 10 MS of Silent Valley, they looked at me top to bottom and asked whether I'm a dealer.Can't there be anything done to restrict this?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails