26 June 2010

Musical Instruments of the Middle East…




Picture 007

Here is a beautiful Registered cover sent by my friend Dr Eli Moallem from Israel featuring Musical Instruments of the middle East. The stamps are so beautiful with special tabs featuring rugs from Middle East & Central Asia. Thanks Eli for the cover with stamps on Music. I found one more stamp on reverse side of the cover that is very special for me as it features a Rainbow on the stamp. I have shown that stamp below. It is a wonderful addition to my Rainbow collection. I am so pleased Eli ! Thanks a lot for this wonderful stamp.

Stamp with a Rainbow

Picture 008

thanks Eli !

Musical Instruments of the Middle East

israel

Date of Issue – 14 June 2010

The main theme in each of the five stamps is an ancient Eastern instrument accompanied by a modern Western instrument whose roots may be traced back to that Eastern instrument.

The stamps feature: Darbuka and Drum ; Zurna and Oboe ; Qanun and Piano ; Oud and Guitar ; Rabbaba and Violin

The stamp tabs and lower sections feature Oriental rugs from the Middle East and Central Asia.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails