02 November 2012

Care for the Alzheimer' patient…

 

image

 

The Correo Argentino has issued a stamp to draw public attention to the Alzheimer's disease. Unfortunately, There is no cure for the disease, which worsens as it progresses, and eventually leads to death. Most often, it is diagnosed in people over 65 years of age, although the less-prevalent early-onset Alzheimer's can occur much earlier. In 2006, there were 26.6 million sufferers worldwide. Alzheimer's is predicted to affect 1 in 85 people globally by 2050.

The stamp calls not to leave people affected by the Alzheimer's disease alone with their trouble. Relative or companion should accompany, understand and support the sick person each day, as tells the slogan on the stamp.

 

Philatelic Journals

Just received  Journal of The Army Philatelic Society edited by Col Jayanta Dutta. This is a special issue on Mughal Architecture. The Journal is very informative with a beautiful layout. Readers may contact Col.Jayanta Dutta to join The Army Philatelic society and subscribe the journal at email : doctorjayanta2009@gmail.com

 

Picture 059

My recent Card

Picture 061

Picture 060

Many Thanks to Kenneth Sequeira of Dubai for this beautiful card from Bhutan !!

From our Readers….

 

Grievances

Ashok Kumar Tiwary

Secretary, Jamshedpur Philatelic Society

mobile- 09334617581


Sub - Malpractices at Srinagar Philatelic Bureau

Dear Sir,
I want to draw your attention towards malpractices at Srinagar philatelic Bureau.

I had sent an EMO ref.no 149703120827003247 dated 27/08/2012 in favour of Senior Postmaster, Srinagan GPO for Rs. 1300 (One thousand Three hundred only).

I had requested to send me following items:-

Item No.  Item     Rate    Quantity Amount

62 Vashnodevi cover 20 2  40

73 Gandhi Booklet 30 3  90

74 Film fest cover 20 3  60

75 film fest cover 20 3  60

76 film fest cover 20 3  60

79 Film fest booklet         30 3  90

80 film fest cover 100 3 300

81 film fest cover 100 3 300

82 film fest cover 100 3 300

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total                                 Rs. 1300

Very surprisingly, I got a packet from there which contain following items:-


Last 4 items-booklets--3 each-as per my requirment.

Total 40 nos. of covers.

But all those special covers I got were simple envelopes without stamp or postmark on them. Those were of no use for me.

ladakh3rd


Then I talked to the Postmaster, who asked me to return those blank spl covers.
I had sent those covers on 15th Sept 2012 by Speed post.After several reminders, they sent me 3 sets of Special covers with stamps and postmarks-but again wrong covers. All the 9 covers they postmarked as 15-06.2012.

ladakhcovers


They also sent me a stamp booklet issued on 2-10-2012, but stamps were affixed on wrong side.


I assume that postal staffs at Srinagar has no idea about spl. covers and booklets and whatever I paid was just a loss.
Please take care of such malpractices and do needful. Please arrange to send me correct items too.

Thanks
ASHOK

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails